Types of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with saving and/or sharing given web content on a server administered by a web hosting provider. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's study these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to create a blog, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by various firms, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inapt interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the tasks at hand between different stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share a big number of pics with mates or associates since the service is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to managing your e-mail address accounts. Some firms offer web site hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you want to open an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to run a site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At 2HostLive Networks, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content solely.